Thursday, October 6, 2011

SSI - yet more paperwork!

ADALINA LUNA. We left the State Ordered SSI - "Mental Exam" (IQ test - for short) for Adalina today with a feeling that these "standardized" tests to determine whether or not our daughter has been formally diagnosed correctly, is just another means to "try" to make me feel like my daughter is below average. I sat there watching this psychologist ask my four year old Moon Angel, question after question, holding back my tears! OK...go ahead, try to assess her as "Below Average" for her age. The State couldn't see in the original IEP reports that she has Autism and that she's in special education, receiving daily assistance from her Special Ed TEAM of teachers and experts?! What in the reports make you need to refer us to "your" state approved doctors? Her teachers tell me she is amazing and progressing beyond belief, and that she is a wonderful little girl! I should be so proud! Fine, I'll go through the "motions", if that's what they need, in order to get Adalina the help and support she needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment